The ACDCA is concerned with the health and safety of our members, participants, exhibitors, guests, and pets during this year’s National Specialty event. We will encourage and enforce all recommended and necessary steps to ensure everyone’s wellbeing at our Event.
Purina Farms will be reinstituting a mask requirement, effective Monday, July 26. In alignment with local, state, and CDC guidance, all individuals will be required to wear a mask while indoors including those who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 due to the increased spread of the delta variant of the coronavirus. Masks will be strongly encouraged outdoors, especially in group settings, but not required.
The ACDCA will follow state, local, AKC and Purina guidelines that apply to our event site and we will update requirements as needed
These may include:
- Practicing social distancing consistent with guidelines in effect at the time of the event.
- Spacing out seating and grooming areas and prohibiting forced air blowers indoors.
- Enlarging our rings to accommodate social distancing.
- Requiring face coverings/masks for unvaccinated & vaccinated individuals, when in proximity to others.
- Providing face coverings/masks for officials, judges, and volunteers.
- Encouraging frequent hand washing and providing hand sanitizer
- Encouraging “virtual” greetings and discouraging unnecessary physical contact.
- Recommending that attendees avoid touching dogs that are not their responsibility.
- Minimizing common use items unless disinfected or hand covering are provided.
Please be supportive of safety efforts! AND…please be kind!
Thank you in advance!