REQUIREMENTS FOR ROM TITLE:
In order to be considered for a ROM award the applicant dog or bitch must have:
- Earned an AKC Breed Conformation Championship
- Earned an AKC Obedience Title of Companion Dog or higher.
- Earned one of the following herding titles: After September 1, 1995, all applicant dogs must have earned an AKC Herding Started Title or higher. Applicant dogs earning the following herding titles prior to September 1, 1995 are exempt from the AKC Started Title requirement: ACDCA QW or VQW, AKC Pre-Trial Tested Title or higher or ASCA Started Leg or higher on cattle.
- Produced offspring with an AKC Championship, AKC CD or higher, and one of the herding titles shown in item C. above. Qualifying offspring titles may be earned by one or more offspring.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADDITIONAL ROM POINTS:
- 20 points for any AKC championship, Canadian, Mexican or FCI country championship earned by the ROM dog/bitch or any of their offspring.
- 75 points for ACDCA Conformation Grand Champion. The ACDCA Grand Championship requires 1,000 points earned as follows:
- 1 point for each dog defeated in a Best of Breed win with 25 points for a Group placement. A maximum of 25 points can be earned in a single show.
- 15 points awarded for a National Specialty Award of Merit or Best of Opposite Sex.
- 10 points for AKC Grand CH in addition to the points already earned for CH
- 10 points for Bronze Grand CH in addition to points already earned for GCH
- 10 points for Silver Grand CH in additional to points already earned for Bronze
- 10 points for Gold Grand CH in addition to points already earned for Silver
Herding: points according to the following schedule for each herding title earned by the ROM dog/bitch or any of their offspring.
- 10 points for AKC (or Canadian) HT or AHBA HCT.
- 15 points for an ACDCA QW or VQW earned prior to AKC Herding Trial titles.
- 20 points for an AKC Pre-Trial title, AHBA JHD, or ASCA Started Trial Dog title on any stock.
- 30 points for any AKC (or Canadian) Herding Started title, any AHBA Level I or ASCA Open Trial Dog title on any stock.
- 10 points for Herding Started Master in addition to the points already earned for HS
- 40 points for an AKC (or Canadian) Herding Intermediate title, any AHBA Level II or ASCA Advanced title on any stock.
- 10 points for Herding Intermediate Master in addition to the points already earned for HI
- 50 points for an AKC (or Canadian) Herding Advanced title, any AHBA Level III or ASCA Post-Advanced title on any stock.
- 50 points for an ASCA Working Trial Champion title in addition to points already earned
- 100 points for an AKC Herding Champion title or AHBA Herding Trial Champion in addition to points already earned. (This will also include the Canadian Herding Champion title when it becomes available.)
- 10 points for Herding Excellent Master in addition to the points already earned for HX
- 40 points for RD, RTDc & RTDs (ASCA herding titles)
Obedience and Tracking: points according to the following schedule for each obedience or tracking title earned by the ROM dog/bitch or any of their offspring.
- 5 points for Beginner Novice
- 5 points for Pre-Novice
- 15 points for Graduate Novice
- 15 points for Pre-Open
- 25 points for Graduate Open
- 25 points for Pre-Utility
- 35 points for Versatility
- 10 points for Obedience Master
- 25 points for Obedience Grand Master in addition to the points already earned for Obedience Master
- 75 points for National Obedience Champion
- 15 points for an AKC CD, TD or equivalent American, Canadian, Mexican, or other FCI country title.
- 25 points for AKC CDX, TDX or equivalent American, Canadian, Mexican, or other FCI country title.
- 35 points for AKC UD, UDX, VST or equivalent American, Canadian, Mexican, or other FCI country title.
- 75 points for AKC OTCH, CT or equivalent American, Canadian, Mexican, or other FCI country Obedience or Tracking Championship title in addition to points already earned.
- 10 points for each AKC agility title or equivalent UKC, Canadian, Mexican or other FCI country title earned by the ROM dog/bitch or any of their offspring.
- 75 points for AKC MACH or equivalent UKC, Canadian, Mexican, or other FCI country title in addition to points already earned.
- 75 points for AKC PACH
- 5 points for each AKC RN, RA, and RE title
- 10 points for an RAE title, or equivalent American, Canadian, Mexican or other FCI country title earned by the ROM dog/bitch or any of their offspring.
- 50 points for National Rally Champion
Other Performance Titles:
- 5 points for a Schutzhund A, Schutzhund AD (or ET)
- 10 points for Schutzhund 1 and higher titles,
- 10 points for AKC VCD1 and higher titles,
- 10 points for ACDCA QW or VQW
- 15 points for ACDCA VQWX and VCH titles.
- 5 points for Dock Diving, includes thirty titles (DN, DA, DS, DM, DE, DNA, DJA, DSA, DMA, DEA, DNX, DJX, DSX, DMX, DEX, AN, AJ, AS, AM, AE, ANA, AJA, ASA, AMA, AEA, ANX, AJX, ASX, AMX, AEX)
- 5 points for Barn Hunt, includes six titles (RATN, RATO, RATS, RATM, RATCh, RATCHX)
- 5 points for Fly Ball, includes three titles (FDCh, FM, ONYX)
- 5 points for Lure Coursing, includes four titles (CAT, CA, CAA, CAX ) 5 pts per title earned
- 10 points for Search and Rescue, includes four titles (SAR-U, SAR-U1, SAR-U2, SAR-W). Each to be counted only one time per dog.
- 10 points for Therapy Dog, includes five titles (THDN, THD, THDA, THDX, THDD)
- 10 points for Temperament Tested certification by a National Breed Club, each to be counted only one time per dog.
- 10 points for any health tests or health certifications (genetic testing including but not limited to prcd DNA tests; hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, luxating patellas, BAER tests for deafness, CERF exam at age 2 or later, only one CERF exam to count per dog) from a recognized body such as OFA, PennHip, OVC and similar, if results are published in a recognized third party open database. Normal results are not required to receive these points.
- 10 points for any progeny earning a ROM title.
ROM dogs and bitches can accumulate ROM points according to the following schedule for each of the accomplishments below that are achieved by the ROM dog/bitch or any of their offspring:
- 100 points for AKC Dual Championship.
- 100 points for AKC Triple Championship.
ROM Excellent (ROMX):
A ROM dog or bitch will be designated as a ROMX if they have both three or more offspring with AKC conformation championships and three or more offspring with an AKC HX.
One application for ROM points must be submitted for each dog/bitch applying for ROM status. A separate application form must be submitted for each of the offspring being used to satisfy the progeny requirements (AKC Champion, Companion Dog and Herding Started title) for initial ROM status.
In addition, a form should be submitted for each dog/ bitch that is being used to accumulate additional ROM points for a sire or dam. These forms should be accompanied by the necessary documents or publication information shown in Section VI. The ROM owner should keep a duplicate copy of everything being sent for their future reference. All information should be typed or neatly printed, making sure the dog or bitch’s name is correct, as this is how the name will appear on the award.
ROM OWNER RESPONSIBLE FOR UPDATES:
The ROM award is applied for, so it is the ROM owner’s responsibility to keep the committee informed of any point increases or any new ROM applicant dogs. The owner of the ROM dog/bitch must be a member in good standing of the ACDCA to apply. Once the ROM award is attained, it is considered permanent and non-conditional on membership of the owner(s). However, unless the owner or one of the co-owners is a member in good standing, additional ROM points for the ROM point standings will not be considered.
As the ROM dog/bitch or offspring obtain additional titles, the application for ROM points form should be submitted for each animal, along with the necessary verification documents or publication information shown in Section VI.
Verified points will be added to the records and the updated ROM standings will be published in the ACDCA Newsletter and/or ACD Quarterly
CO-OWNED ROM DOGS:
Co-owned applicant dogs/bitches must have one co-owner that is a current ACDCA member at the time the ROM is applied for and the plaque, or certificate, will be sent to the first ACDCA member co-owner listed. Duplicate plaques or certificates may be obtained from the Awards Committee for a fee.
VERIFICATION OF TITLES AND TEST RESULTS:
Each title or result must include one or more of the following:
A photocopy of the Title Certificate, Certification, or test results OR
A photocopy of the page containing the publication of the title from a source such as the “AKC Awards”, the Awards section of “Dogs in Canada”, or the Official Kennel Publication for any organization offering recognized and listed ROM-eligible titles OR
The Volume, Date, and page number of the “AKC Awards” where the AKC title is published OR
Any official signed original document from AKC Event Records substantiating any eligible title OR
A printout or screen print from the database/reports features of the AKC, OFA, or CERF websites if it can be independently verified by the ROM Committee.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION, DOCUMENTATION AND UPDATES:
send to the ROM Chair as follows:
Regular mail submissions: submit, as outlined in section VI, by USPS, UPS, FedEx, or other carrier.
Email submissions: submit as outlined in section VI. All files must be saved and sent in .pdf or jpeg format.
For all ROM submission:
If no signature required send to this address:
4380 Airport Rd
Murray, KY 42071
If signature required, please send to:
c/o 5030 Reidland Rd
Paducah, KY 420037